What is a through floor elevator and why you might want one.
The through floor elevator is a small home elevator that travels through a customized opening in the floor. Through floor elevators are one of the easiest and fastest ways to add an elevator to your home. This type of elevator is designed to travel between one landing or floor opening only.
What makes a through floor elevator great:
- They are compact and take very little space.
- More installation options to place the elevator in your home.
- Most models are self contained.
- Operating this type of lift is easy.
- Full and half height doors with fully enclosed sides.
- Several different manufactures to choose from.
With hydraulic and electric drives they are capable of lifting on average 400 – 500 lbs. This type of elevator can carry 1-2 riders. Choosing a model that’s right for you. Basic or elegant design.
Through floor elevators are manufactured by a few different companies including Stiltz, Lifton, and Terry Lifts. Through the floor elevators save space and are a great solution to provide barrier free living.
Elevator Traveling Through The Floor.
As this elevator travels through the floor you can see the advantages of having an open style elevator.