The Savaria Telecab 17 shaftless elevator serves two landings, has a high weight capacity of 845 lbs. and is available in two standard sizes. The elevator passes through a rectangular shape made in the floor while leaving the front and sides open. The Savaria Telecab 17 can accommodate multiple riders (2-3) and is also made for wheelchairs. One of the nicer features is a fully enclosed tower that houses the drive system concealing all mechanical equipment. The lift tower requires a wall for attachment and support.
- Average price for the Telecab 17 is $30,000 – 35,000. Price does not include building or construction work.
- This elevator serves two floors with a rise of up to 23′.
- Two cab sizes to choose from at 30″ wide x 46″ long x 80″ high and 36″x 54″ x 80. Dimensions are finished interior cab.
- Highest weight capacity of through the floor lifts.
- Chain hydraulic drive.
- Self contained with internal drive and control.
- Battery backup and remote lowering.
- Built to requirements of ASME A17.1 Section 5 code for residential elevators.
- One of the longest parts warranties in the industry at 36 months.
The standard safety features include interior lighting, emergency stop and alarm buttons, battery lowering in case of power failure as well as manual emergency lowering, telephone, nonskid platform, underpan sensor to stop the unit if it meets an obstruction, pressure relief valve to prevent platform overload, door interlock, and slack chain safety device.
The hydraulic lift has a manual remote lowering device that is easily accessible on the lower tower panel. The design and manufacture of the Telecab 17 Residential Elevator meets the requirements of the following elevator codes and standards:
• ASME A17.1-1996 Section 5
• CAN/CSA B44-2010 Section 5.3
Check out our full comparison guide to see similar types of elevators.